As the weather cools it's easy to get into the habit of eating lots of rather stodgy (albeit tasty) food. This is a great side salad which works to rectify the stodge and add great flavour and texture to a meal.
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 capsicum, cored and diced
- 1 bunch radishes, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 cup baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 diced spring onion
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients in a
jar and shake well. Pour onto salad 15 minutes before serving.