This skewers are a delicious way to celebrate fresh seasonal produce like cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Packed with of flavour and very easy to make, they are a great feature at your next party of barbecue!
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 red onion
- white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- pitted olives
- fresh basil leaves
- cashew yoghurt mozzarella
- Wooden skewers
- Heat oven to 180 celcius.
- Slice eggplant into rings and onion into large chunks.
- Place in a small bowl with the mushrooms, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and thyme.
- Mix to combine.
- Place vegetables onto a baking tray and cook until softened and the eggplant is lightly browned.
- Allow to cool
- Slice zucchini and cucumber into slices.
- Assemble ingredients.
- Alternate the roast vegetables with the zucchini, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives, basil leaves and mozzarella onto the skewers.
- Serve as is for a party or for an entree with crusty bread and olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.