I’ve like to say i have lots of lovely photos of this pesto sitting prettily in a jar, but the truth is, we ate a big jar of it in three days. Spread on breakfast toast, dolloped over soup, stirred through pasta, totally morelish and delicious. It uses basil from our balcony which is wonderful, as I’m so enjoying having a balcony again. i’ll be definitely making this again so stay tuned for more pics.
My love of chilli oil is well know, as attested to in this post. It again trumps, making this pesto into a delicacy that you’ll find excuses to eat. It’s one of those socially unacceptable recipes due to the liberal use of raw garlic but just brush your teeth after and you’ll be fine!
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 garlic cloves
- Glug of olive oil
- 1/3 cup chilli flakes in oil
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Sprinkle of salt (optional)
- Add ingredients to blender/food processor and blend lightly until food is broken down but it’s not completely combined.
- Add salt to taste.
- Try to resist urge to eat all at once.
- Jar of pesto from recipe above
- Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 1/2 large head of broccoli, diced.
- Fresh basil
- Put water for pasta on the boil.
- Place cherry tomatoes on a baking tray and splash with olive oil.
- Bake in a high oven whilst the pasta is cooking
- In the last minute of the pasta cooking, add the broccoli to the water.
- Drain the water. Add the pesto and stir through well.
- Place on a plate, adding the cherry tomatoes and some fresh basil.
I’ve linked this recipe to Karen at Lavender and Lovage’s Cooking with Herbs challenge