I can’t remember if I’d seen kohlrabi in Australia. Not from memory anyway. According to wikipedia, Kohlrabi is also known as German turnip or turnip cabbage and is an annual vegetable. It can be eaten raw as well as cooked.
I tried it for the first time last week stir fried with chilli oil and garlic-very good! I decided to make a bit of a coleslaw last night for dinner. Usually I’d add diced garlic and spring onions but with a small fridge here, we find the smells spread to everything else in the fridge! So add to taste.
- 1 kohrabi, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 4 carrots, julienned
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 1/2 capsicum diced
- 1 cup sour cream/yogurt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place vegetables and chickpeas in a bowl and stir.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until combined. Taste and adjust if desired.
- Combine with salad and leave to chill in the fridge before eating.